Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Supreme Slider!

6:35 PM Posted by SnowSews
I am *so* thrilled with my latest purchase. My LaPeirre Studio Supreme Slider Free Motion Machine Quilting Mat that helps tremendously with FMQ. My curves went from choppy and pokey to smooth and even. It reduces friction so well that moving your quilt sandwich is like butter!

This is before, with only my generic extender table and my Janome Magnolia 7318.


This is immediately after laying the Supreme Slider: no practice, well, this is my practice. Lines are straighter, curves are smoother, and while I have a long way to go, I am really not ashamed of this. Shocking, right?


What my set up looks like: Those are Fons and Porter's Quilting gloves. I love the color!