Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Planning for Joel Dewberry's Bungalow Quilt

3:15 PM Posted by SnowSews


I am working on my queen-size quilt, but just can't help beginning my version of Joel Dewberry's Bungalow quilt. Clicking on the link directly opens the PDF to the free pattern, which I found on Google. This is she, in all her glory:



I have a yard of a few of the fabrics from this line, as well as a couple of prints from his Aviary line that co-ordinate with this palette. The only fabrics I don't have are the background and the golds. I'm not a gold person usually, but it really sings in this pattern.

What I need for the quilt

Finished quilt approx: 52-1/2” x 65-1/2” (133.3cm x 166.3cm)  (includes a 1/2 inch binding)
Finished Blocks: 13” x 13” (33cm x 33cm)

1/4 yard of each of these:

     A (#JD069-CORAL)
     B (#JD069- MAIZE)
     C (#JD070-CHESTNUT)
     D (#JD071-MAIZE)
     E (#JD072-CORAL)
     F (#JD073-MAIZE)
     G (#JD074-EMERALD)
     H (#JD075-CORAL)
      I (#JD076-CHESTNUT)
      J (#JD078-EMERALD)

5/8 yd of K (#JD077-MAIZE)
2 3/4 yd of L, a solid linen,
3 1/4 yd of M (#JD070-EMERALD) , or backing fabric of my choice.

Next Step: Hunting down these fabrics, some from my stash, some from the (yay!) fabric store!