Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Tester: Piper Tunic from Wardrobe by Me - an Amazing, New-to-me Designer!

7:43 PM Posted by SnowSews


Last week, I had the privilege to test a new pattern by Christina Albeck, designer of Wardrobe By Me patterns, the Piper Boho Tunic.


Christina has been a pattern maker for many fashion brands in Denmark, for over 20 years. I can attest to the fact that her patterns are industry standard, and very, very good. With measurements in both metric and imperial, she caters to all her audiences. She also gives finished garment measurements, which is something many indie designers don't. That's a pet peeve of mine, can you tell?

I made two versions of the pattern, one long sleeved, and one short. Both were a light voile I bought in India for a song. I sewed up a size 16, which is the largest available. It fit nicely, I must say.


The neckline is faced, with the shoulder seams staggered so that there's no added bulk anywhere.


With good sewing practices like understitching and pressing in the instructions, and nice deep hems that won't flip while you wear the top, the finished top looks and feels like top quality.



The blue top is for my Mother in Law, who is an amazing, warm, wonderful lady. She's also almost exactly my size, so I'm glad to be sharing the sewn love!