Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Few Quick Finishes!

1:54 PM Posted by SnowSews
I haven't been able to sew much at all, lately. Seems like every naptime hour is spent cleaning or knitting for my dear Mother in Law. Miki has also started going to bed quite late, about 9pm, and that has severely restricted my sewing time.

Here are a few projects I did manage to finish. The first set is also for my niece, along with the Elke Dress I posted previously. This is a cute top with a bow at the dropped back neckline. The pattern is Create Kids Couture's Delaney, the Cupcake fabric is from the amazing PurpleSeamstress on Facebook. She is the BEST ever! The mint triangles are a popular print from Joann's.



This is the front of the top. The buttons are such fun! I needed something in the front, since many times the back is hidden under a jacket. The leggings are my favorite free patern, LoveNotions' Leggins!




A closer look at the bow on the back:




And a totally fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants dress, made by sewing two rectangles together, shirring the top and adding straps - totally by estimating how much I needed! It's a miracle this top actually fits Miki, but it actually looks great. It'll be perfect for our trip to India, where it gets really hot in the daytime.




The fabric for this top is Joel Dewberry's Bungalow, a print I have been obsessed with for a long time now. I only had about half a yard of it, and decided to make something for my babe. What better use for it?