Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tester photos and review: HeidiandFinn's Bubble Dress!

10:49 AM Posted by SnowSews
Heidi and Finn  just re-released their super chic Bubble Dress, for which I was a tester. The dress, with FULL sizes, 12m-12y, is on sale for only $5 until Sunday, 12/7/14! It is only available in their craftsy store. Run to buy the pattern here!

Here are Miki's photos - I just love how delicate and girly she looks.

The crown did not stay on long. 


The dress is fully lined, quilting cotton on the outside and broadcloth on the inside. I did mine mostly with the sewing machine, just serged the edges before I sewed. I was very, very careful to stick to the seam allowance mentioned. Coz, ya know, that's important when you test.


The dress fits so well. There are two options, a slim fit or a regular fit. Miki is skinny and tall, so I made the slim fit. There was plenty of room for the onesie underneath.



Miki has just started walking, and now it's impossible to stop her from running around and getting into things!


My curious little kitten. Sticking her fingers where they don't belong. I love her so much. 

The directions for sewing the dress are super simple, and even a beginner can attempt the pattern with great success, It's a great special occasion dress in fancy fabrics, and has much oomph with little effort.