Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Frolicking at the Pumpkin Patch

8:38 PM Posted by SnowSews , ,
We visited the pumpkin patch this weekend, a first for us since we moved to the US six years ago. It was Miki's first time, and we were determined to do something special. It was a lovely sunny day, and with the slight nip in the air that I love so much, we had a really great time.


The dress is one I made with fabrics from Joann, a very cute vampire Hello Kitty orange quilting cotton, and some black with orange dots.  


The pattern is CKC's Monroe's Wrap Dress, with a different bodice. This was a fun, fast and easy sew, although there weren't many finished photos of the pattern I could find on the internet.




About the pattern directions - I found the detailed steps just enough. I would like a little more instruction in a paid pattern, but that is just me I guess. The fit is not great either, as I had to shir the back in addition to the elastic I put in as directed. Miki is quite skinny, but the back was gaping badly. The length is okay I think. It's a long skirt, and I must remember to reduce the length next time. 


Here she is, enjoying herself!


Not scared of the scarecrow :)