Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tester: Filles a Maman's new Petit Oiseau is just TOO CUTE!

11:13 AM Posted by SnowSews


As you probably know by now, Filles a Maman is one of my favorite designers for children. Mel Henry is such a wonderful, humble person that I always love working with.



Mel is Canadian, and primarily speaks French. Now, I learned French in middle school and failed miserably. Just couldn't develop an ear for it. But sewing for Mel means chic designs that american pattern makers just don't come up with. American designers have a very different sense of style.



The Petit Oiseau oozes with just that sense of chicness. A lovely flounce that goes from one shoulder, across the chest and down the other arm, cut on the bias, makes this regular tee shirt transform into something special. I used a rayon spandex for this version, with a cotton lycra solid for the flounce.


You also have the option of leaving the flounce off, and doing a two-color color blocked tee. That is a totally different look that is cute too!


I used a lovely cotton lycra for this one, in a pretty floral print that's all the rage this season.