Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Tester: Love Notions' La Bella Donna in Women's and Girl's sizes! Pic Heavy Post!

11:56 AM Posted by SnowSews

Have I mentioned how much I love Love Notions? I'm sure I have, about a zillion times. I'm now at the stage where I don't feel compelled to try every single designer out there, because I have about eight hands-down favorites that, between them, fit my design aesthetic to a T. I'm fortunate enough to test for most of them on a continuing basis, which I am super grateful for.


Love Notions is one of them. I trust Tami Bunch Meyer to have a comprehensive pattern, with simple chic designs that sew up easily and accurately. They fit well, and have cool features like no-trim pages and layers so I can print just my size (or sizes if I'm grading between multiple sizes), thus saving ink and a lot of squinting.


Here are the Ladies and Girls La Bella Donna tops that released last week.


I do think my posing is improving!


The Ladies version goes from a 30" to a 47" high bust. There isn't too much ease at the chest, which is a big plus for me, considering this is a dolman sleeve style.


 Miki in coordinating LBD and Leggin's! Both from Love Notions. The leggings are a free pattern.



The Girls version goes from 2T to 16. I made a 2T for Miki, and slimmed the chest one half inch in the black and stripe version, since the black is a very stretchy, loose rayon.