Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Tester Review: Poppy Peplum Pants by Filles a Maman!

12:29 AM Posted by SnowSews



I'm so ashamed that this blog post is a week late. Mel Henry of Filles a Maman is a wizard in my opinion, with super cool designs that every fashion forward little girl would love to wear. Poppy Peplum Pants are, as you can see, no exception.


The idea for these pants was put forth by another extremely chic lady, M. Malice, who won a contest run on Facebook for what Mel should design next. I've been following Ms. Malice around the FB and Instagram world, and boy does she have great taste!


The pants sew up in hardly any time at all, with an unusual faux fly technique that is impressive and easy to construct. I sewed up two pants while testing, each took a day. I didn't have any issues at any point with the fit. The first I used a Rapunzel-inspired fabric from the custom fabric group I admin, that features the iconic Suns from the movie as well as the unmistakable Lanterns from the famous scene.

The second pair I sewed from stretch velvet, which I really wanted for Miki's Fall wardrobe. A nice pair of thick pants can help transition so many summer outfits to cooler weather. Since she's not really growing as fast as she used to, I need to get creative now.


Both fabrics work great for this pattern. I really recommend this pattern for a staple. You can easily leave the peplum off for a smart pair of tights. I think I'll sew a black pair for her next!