Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Opal dress by Tie Dye Diva!

9:11 AM Posted by SnowSews
Tie Dye Diva, or TDD, is a very well-loved pattern designer. I bought the Opal pattern on Black Friday during her sale, and now wish I had bought more. It's a knit pattern that's right up my alley.  



The stylish curved bodice is so on trend right now, and has plenty of room to layer a t-shirt underneath. I love the little flutter sleeves, especially with Miki's slender arms. 



The fabric I used was a half yard of my treasured and jealously guarded Night Foxes, by Lillestoff. I had bought it when it was completely out of print, from someone that was destashing her entire collection. I was so lucky to get it for a decent price, because I know I would have paid at least double the retail price had I not scored right then. 


With the contrast blue flutters in a solid cotton-lycra from Purpleseamstress Fabrics on Facebook, I was able to squeeze out the dress and get two bum circles for Maxaloones down the line. But that's for another post. 

I only wish I had successfully pulled out her pacifier before these photos, but my little stubborn girl just howled and kept popping it back in. Some battles you just don't win!