Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hand piecing is hard work.

9:27 PM Posted by SnowSews
Yes, I know the title of this post is an understatement. Hand piecing parallelograms is so very tedious, but there's something so soothing that I really want to do more. I am looking at you, english paper piecing. I think somewhere down the line I will definitely work on a hexie project, but all that is on hold until I finish a few UFOs. You know, unfinished objects. Hehe.

I'm making my version of Elizabeth Hartman's Aviatrix Pillow. Working with Kona Solids in a bright color palette, and hand piecing each piece is a real labor of love. The pattern does not call for it, but I had absolutely no time to sit in the sewing room, so hand sewing while hanging out with the family is a good enough alternative. I just love this pillow.