Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Torn in Too Many Directions!

12:10 AM Posted by SnowSews
This is going to be a reflective post, I think. My brain is swimming from a desperate desire to learn, to hone my many skills, but I just don't seem to be getting there. In case you haven't read this blog before, here's a list of my active interests that I'm thirsting to master right now, in decreasing order of thirst. Ha ha.

  • Edit my photos to look artistic and professional.
  • Take professional looking photos, get it right in camera.
  • Actually figure out my camera, inside and out, tech details and all.
  • Sew up Miki's Fall Capsule Wardrobe.
  • Learn about vectors and inkscape.
  • Test at least two patterns a week. 
  • Catalog and sort my roomful of fabric.
  • Shop. That's always there in the list.
  • Finish knitting my sweater for this year
  • Get back to watercolors!
Right now, editing my photos is taking top priority. When I see photos I've submitted I just don't like the result, and for the first time ever, it's not because I hate how I look in them. I actually think I look nice, but there's tons of things I need to learn to make my photos look "pro" and artistic.

The rest, I guess, will have to come in time. I'm going to go study some tutorials and leave you with this - a sneak peek of my Capsule Wardrobe Plan for Miki. That's one way to combine my need to paint watercolors and plan/sew a capsule wardrobe!