Join me, Snow, in my adventures in sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting - crafting is my lifeblood! Come along, we'll grow in our expertise together.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Back with a Bang! And a Couple of Pillows..

8:39 PM Posted by SnowSews
I'm back in the blogosphere! I'm much better, and I ACTUALLY FINISHED MY FIRST QUILTED PROJECT!!! Yes, I really needed to scream that bit out. Ta-Dah!!!!



Aren't they gorgeous? I just love them. Pieced very quickly from amazing Alexander Henry fabrics, the Folklorico collection, and a lime green linen I had stashed, these pillows came to life in just four days, two hours at a time. I really love these prints. They took less than four fat quarters of main fabric, and about 3/4 yd of the linen. They both have an amazing print in two color variations on the back. 



Diamond quilting on the diamonds, and just echoed triangles all over in a dark green poly thread, this was my first time quilting with a walking foot. Stitching in the ditch wasn't bad at all, I did go off the ditch for a little bit, but on the whole I think I did well. My diamond points are showing, too, didn't lose any in the piecing, which I am very proud of.



These poor flying geese didn't fare as well. I tried the four-at-a-time flying geese tutorial, and managed to get horribly stretched out and wonky. If you can't tell that I had issues from the finished product, that's the magic of washing. Quilting again was a simple echoing of shapes in the  negative space, and nothing inside the triangles. They really weren't large enough for me to worry. 



That's the back of the pillows. So beautiful. I put in my first regular zippers, one pink and one purple, and found them super easy. I really recommend a pillow as a first quilting project. It's quick and easy! Trust me, I'm a pro. Ha!